What We Do and Why We Do It
Sander Architects, LLC has been designing and building contemporary projects for two decades. We are an award-winning firm with a strong reputation for green design.
In building a community of like-minded folk, whether in the profession or just passionate about modern / green architecture, we have made a point to lecture, present, jury student projects, participate in trade shows and publish our work in architecture blogs, books and journals.
This blog gives us a chance for a slightly more personal take on what we do, why do we do it, who we are, what makes us different and how to have fun while slaving away over a computer.
You will hear from the Principal Architect, the Director of Interior Design, our Associates, our Interns.
Some potential topics you might see addressed here:
- prefab, it's promises, its failures, the hope for the future
- green design: the imperative for future designers of all stripes to be not only conversant but be experts
- designing the steel house - how to make a metal home
- designing for the client who is not a gazillionaire (technical term). We've built a practice that has had staying power through the downturn by working with clients who have restricted budgets. It's a different discipline that working with unlimited budgets.
- how to survive the economy - what do clients want?
- how to design an award-winning project and make it work with a willing client
…and as they say, much, much more.
We hope you enjoy checking in from time to time and look forward to starting a conversation with you.